Sometimes a narrow room can open up your mind to an assortment of possibilities, especially if it is a living room.
Try these tips:
- Multipurpose things. The industrial look stools used here were doubled up to use in front of the couch as a coffee table and could easily be used as extra seating for company.
- Choosing a small chair makes the space look larger and adds charm.
- The unit to hold the TV was only 16" deep and offered lots of storage for things like blankets, games, books, etc.
- Floor lamps combined with small accent tables add a updated and airy feel.
- Drapes for the only window in the room, which was only 28" wide, appeared double its size by mounting the drapes only a couple inches below the ceiling and 14" past the frame on either side.
- Minimal accessories, bright colored pillows and large artwork gave the room the appearance of being a lot larger.